Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Going Home for a Visit


On Thursday early in the morning (3:45 am) I awoke excited because I was going home to visit my family in Texas!!! My flight left GSO at 6:00 am and I was ready to go!! I had a wonderful visit with my family. I spent lots of time with my two precious little nieces. We went to Build a Bear and each one of my girls built an animal they could not live without. We shopped some more and rode the carousal, we had a lot of fun!! Each day I spent with them was wonderful and very memorable for all of us.

Everyday was filled with AWESOME dinners out (thanks dad) and lots of shopping. I had a list of things that I just HAD to get while I was there. Mission accomplished!! We ate way to much food and I probably gained 5 pounds while I was there, but it was all worth it!! My mom celebrated her 60th birthday on Jan. 19th!! My mom doesn't look like she is 60 years old!! I hope I will look as great as she does when I turn 60.

I have been anxiously waiting to met two very important figures in my circle. The first little guy I was introduced to was Grayson! He is a very dear friends new son. He is such a good baby!! He was all smiles and very alert. I can't wait to watch him grow. He has two wonderful parents that will raise him to be a terrific little man.

Another very important event was that I met my new fur brother for the first time!! He is just adorable and he shares his cute little name with my fur baby, both of our boys are named Andy. My mom named her new baby Andy because her other baby is Opie and that is the only logical name for the new guy. The picture above is mom, Andy (grey), and Opie (white).

Well, I had a wonderful visit but its back home to Greensboro for me!! I will miss my family but I will return home soon!!!

2 comments:

ThePoeFam said...

glad you had a great trip! :) It's always nice to go home!

Jill said...

Thanks for visiting my blog Britteny!! I feel honored that you would visit. You have a million that you keep up with. Thanks for being an inspiration to me. I have enjoyed blogging. I would love for you to share with me how you get your beautiful background and fonts.
Thanks again!!